Project No.: 2008-10-1
Situation: Remodel Project
Residence: Primary Property
Location: Butte, Montana
These homeowners were presented with a full-home landscape makeover as a present from their son. After doing a site visit, and discussing the owner’s needs, we discovered the current landscape was dysfunctional, high maintenance, and low in curb appeal.
We also uncovered several challenges in the scope of the project, including;
- Overhead power lines
- Steep grade – causing soil erosion and slides
- Tight alleyway with limited zoning access
- Small compact yard
- Old retaining walls and steps that were deteriorating – a dangerous situation
We were able to exceed the owner’s expectations with our innovative ideas that blended their split-level yard, including; adding natural stone and moss rock for new steps and retaining walls,matching the mortar on the two existing patios, and providing much-needed shade for the patio.
Wagner & Co. recommended the following:
- Using moss rock boulders and natural stone we constructed new steps, retaining walls and blended them to patch the owner’s gardens and split level yard.
- A large maple tree was placed in the yard to cast shade over the upper patio for late afternoon cooling and enjoyment.
- We mortared over the upper patio to match the newer lower patio.
Project from start-to-finish took 45 days.